- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 yellow or red onion, chopped
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Spicy Ranch Mix (NOT ranch dip mix)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, onions, and ranch mix. Sauté, stirring often, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in red bell pepper, green bell pepper, black beans, tomatoes, rice, and chicken stock. Bring to boil, then cover. Simmer on low heat 5 minutes, or until chicken is done and rice is nearly tender. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Serve topped with cheese and cilantro.