- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced and rinsed
- 1 lb mushrooms, sliced (I used a mix of button and crimini)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp pepper, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Parmesan, for serving (optional)
- 12 oz angel hair pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the leeks and saute for 2 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and saute until softened, about 6-7 minutes. Sitr in the minced garlic and saute until fragrant- 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth and cream. Allow the mixture to simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until thickened slightly. Stir in the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until cheese is melted. Add salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Taste. You may want to add a little bit more salt.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pot and toss to coat. Serve immediately with additional Parmesan, fresh ground pepper, and parsley to top.