- 1 medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 stalks Celery (with leaves), chopped
- 2 large Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ pound loose Spicy Italian Sausage
- 2 large Tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 1-29 ounce can Cannellini Beans (or other white bean), drained
- 1 quart Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 bunch Curly Kale, leaves stripped from stems and hand shredded
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- In a large pot (6 quarts or larger), brown the Italian Sausage over medium heat (3 minutes).
- Add the onion, celery and carrots; cook 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and cook 5 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Add the cannellini beans, chicken broth and 1 quart water. Turn heat to high, bring to a boil then reduce heat bringing the soup to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves, stirring to combine with soup. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper (taste to ensure it meets your personal preference).
Read more at http://boulderlocavore.com/2013/09/peppery-sausage-white-bean-kale-soup.html#OVJ152iKjswE3L4o.99