- Asparagus - That little green vegetable that gets so much flack for what it does to the smell of your urine actually has some fantastic powers over sperm. The ridiculously high amount of Vitamin C prevents sperm from oxidizing, and it protects the cells of the testicles. Additionally, Vitamin C decreases free radicals so your man’s body can focus on producing sperm instead of fighting off disease.
- Avocado - Summer is the perfect time to pick up some yummy avocados for guacamole… and a hot night at home. Packed with vitamin E, vitamin B6, and folic acid, avocados boost sperm motility and give it the strength to penetrate an egg.
- Bananas - Upon reading that this fruit can help your guy out, we had some giggly flashbacks to Drew Barrymore putting a condom on a banana in Never Been Kissed. Phallic shape aside, there are some awesome things going on in bananas to help increase sperm count. Bananas have a rare enzyme in them called Bromelain, which has been shown to regulate sex hormones. There’s also a good amount of vitamin B1, vitamin A, and vitamin C which will help increase his stamina and boost his body’s ability to make sperm.
- Beef - This was a little surprising to us given that doctors are constantly saying to lay off red meat if you want a healthy heart. Lean beef, though, is a fantastic source of zinc. A little research on the Dr. Oz site told us that zinc has protective properties that keep free radicals from getting at your man’s little swimmers. In fact, zinc goes even further to prevent testosterone from converting to estrogen, which is the culprit of a low sex drive.
- Dark Chocolate - There’s no sexier food to bring into the bedroom than dark chocolate, but now, it’s not just the seductive taste you’ll want it for. Dark chocolate contains L-Arginine HCL, an amino acid related to the arginine in walnuts. It also doubles your guy’s sperm count and semen volume. Men who eat a little dark chocolate everyday have also noted that they have stronger and more intense orgasms. BONUS: it does that for you, too. *wink*
Home » Uncategories » 10 Foods to Improve Sperm Count and Quality