thai tea mix ingredients:
- 1 cup (80g) Pantai Thai Tea Mix or 4 Black Tea bags
- 4 cups (950ml) Water
- 3/4 cup (150g) Sugar
thai tea assembly:
- Pre-made Thai tea mix (see above)
- half and half (some folks also use coconut milk, whole milk, sweetened condensed milk)
thai tea mix directions
- Bring water to boil and add the thai tea mix or the 4 black tea bags. Add sugar and gently stir to completely dissolve sugar. Gently boil tea for about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Allow tea to steep for at least 30 minutes and allow it to cool. The more concentrated the tea flavor, the better the Thai tea tastes.
- If you are using the Thai tea mix, strain the tea leaves. Set finished Thai tea aside to cool.
- If you are using black tea bags, remove the tea bags and set aside finished Thai tea to cool.
- You can make this ahead of time and have the Thai tea chilling in the fridge.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Fill glass with about 3/4 full of the Thai tea mix. Then top off remainder of glass with half and half.
- Stir and enjoy.