Though I can’t complain too much because currently I am in Athens where it is about 70 degrees and in between fashion related activities I force my cousin to come to the Laiki with me where the crowds part like the Red Sea because we are such a rare site to see (still under the age of 85).
When you can buy 3 ingredients and make something perfect, it might be one of the best feelings ever (next to watching a marathon of Euro music videos of course).
- 8-10 long, light green peppers
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- a hunk of good feta (about 1 cup crumbled)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450
- slice peppers down the middle length wise and remove seeds
- place on a baking sheet or roasting pan skin side down
- sprinkle with feta
- coarsely chop tomatoes and sprinkle them on as well
- drizzle like you mean it with olive oil (halfway between a pour and a drizzle)
- sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano
- roast for about 30 minutes or until everything starts to brown