- 400g (4 cups) milk
- 120g (2 cups) flour
- 50-60 grams (4-5 tablespoons) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder
- butter for frying
- cream and jam for serving
- Measure out half of the milk in a bowl. Add flour, sugar, salt and vanilla and pipe out to a uniform, smooth.
- Add the remaining milk and stir everything smooth. Adjust the mixture to swell at room temperature for at least an hour. Then add the eggs and whisk together to form a smooth, "småtjock" batter.
- Heat a griddle or a cast iron skillet. Melt a knob of butter and pour as much batter to cover bottom of pan. Bake on high medium heat. (Becomes tastiest pancakes if the batter is not allowed to drain completely to the edge of the pan so that the edge of the pancake gets a little frizzy and "lace-like." It gives extra flavor.) Flip the pancake when you see that it solidified on the surface.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Let the pancakes that you will use to Pancake cake cool completely before they are stacked with jam and whipped cream.