- 400g (2⅓ cups) plain flour
- 10g dried yeast
- 50g caster sugar with extra for dusting
- 150ml warmed milk
- 80ml (1/3 cup) pouring cream
- 50g grated butter
- 1 beaten egg
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Vegetable oil
- Start by mixing your flour yeast and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook to combine. Slowly add warm milk, butter, cream, egg, pinch of salt and cinnamon until a smooth dough begins to form.
- Let dough sit in warm area with a damp tea towel over the top until the dough has doubled in size. This should be around 60-90 minutes.
- Once dough has risen turn dough out onto a floured beach and begin knocking it back and flattening it to a 1cm thickness then cutting into 6cm rounds with a cutter. At this stage put the cut rounds onto a tray to prove further for around 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep saucepan for 175C. We recommend deep frying the doughnuts in batches, turning them occasionally until they are golden and puffed (around 3-4 minutes on each side taking care of spitting oil). Once they’ve finished cooking place them on paper towel to drain.
- Roll cooked doughnuts in caster sugar with cinnamon. If you have some jam around the house we recommend piercing a hole in one end of the doughnut then piping raspberry jam into the centre. Best enjoyed warm.
See more at: http://www.artofbaking.net/winter-warmers-jam-filled-doughnuts/#sthash.JPhehGES.dpuf