- 2 cups Nutella
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Place a 9 or 10 inch springform pan, as well as a very large mixing bowl in the freezer to chill.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the Nutella and Rice Krispies cereal. Mix well until the Rice Krispies are completely coated with the Nutella. Remove from heat.
- Line a sheet pan or cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Pour the Nutella-Rice Krispies mixture onto the lined sheet pan and spread evenly. Then place in the freezer to chill.
- While the coated cereal mixture is cooling, remove the ice cream from the freezer and place in the refrigerator to soften.
- After about 30-45 minutes (you want the Nutella coated cereal to be cooled and firm but not frozen at this point) – using a fork and knife – cut the coated cereal into bite sized pieces. Place back into the freezer, if necessary, until the ice cream is softened.
- Once your ice cream is softened (it should be just softened enough to stir in the coated cereal but not so melted that it is runny), remove the Nutella-cereal pieces, the large mixing bowl and the springform pan from the freezer.
- more: http://www.afamilyfeast.com/nutella-crunch-ice-cream-cake/