- 1 tablespoon vegetable or peanut oil
- 1 pound flank steak, cut against the grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup Soy Vay Hoisin Garlic Sauce and Marinade
- 1 pound asparagus, ends removed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
- In a medium bowl, combine the flank steak and 2 tablespoons of the Hoisin Garlic sauce. Allow the steak to marinate for 10 to 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the flank steak and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until mostly brown but not fully cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Add the asparagus to the wok. Stir-fry for about 1 minute, then add 1/2 cup water and cover with a lid. Allow the asparagus to steam for another 1 to 2 minutes until tender-crisp and the water is gone.
- Return the beef to the wok. Add the remaining amount of hoisin garlic sauce and stir until everything is well-mixed and the beef is cooked through, about 1 minute more. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Stir in the cashews. Transfer to a serving dish and serve with rice or noodles.
more: Adapted from Soy Vay.