- 1 cup peppers (any combination of colors), finely diced
- 1 half of a chipotle pepper
- 3/4 cup panko
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds salmon fillets, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce from chipotle can
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, dice peppers and garlic until finely diced. Add salmon, salt and lemon juice and pulse a few times until combined. Remove blade and mix in panko crumbs and egg. Form 8 patties and refrigerate for 20 minutes. In a heated skillet (set on medium high) lightly coat with cooking spray. Cook patties for 5 minutes on each side. Spread toasted buns with some lemon chive mayo and add patties, lettuce and tomato.
Lemon Chive Mayo
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of salt
Mix all the ingredients together and spread over buns.