- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon instant or rapid rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup room-temperature beer
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Marinara sauce, for serving
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook mix the flour, yeast, baking powder, salt, olive oil, and beer until well combined. Knead with dough hook until the dough is soft and smooth. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Place a pizza stone in the bottom rack of the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- In a small bowl combine the butter and garlic with a fork. On a large sheet of parchment paper, stretch and roll the dough into a 12-inch circle, taking 5-minute breaks between stretching if the dough is springing back. Spread the butter mixture evenly over the dough. Sprinkle with the cheeses.
- Use the parchment paper to slide the dough onto the pizza stone. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown. Let cool for 1 to 2 minutes before slicing into breadsticks. Serve hot with marinara sauce.