- 1 preserved whole green mango
- 1 1/2 cups to 2 cups of homemade curd or yogurt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1-2 whole green chilies
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 1 dry red chili
- Wash the preserved green mango well. Place it in a bowl and mash it with with your fingers. If the mango in too hard, you can chop the flesh off (including skin) and coarsely puree it in a blender. Now add the yogurt. Preserved green mango will be very salty so you need to taste it and adjust the amount of yogurt depending on how salty you want it. DO NOT add extra salt.
- For the tempering, heat the oil in a little pan and add the mustard seeds. When it stats to splutter, add the garlic. Fry till the garlic is slightly golden and add the fresh green chilies. Fry for a couple of minutes and add the dry red chili. Mix everything well, pour it on top of the green mango and yogurt mix and serve.