- 12 oz salmon, baked, skinned and flaked
- 1 pound russet potatoes, scrubbed, peeled, boiled and flaked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped dill
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- herb sauce, recipe follows
- Bake the Salmon, allow to cook and flake. Concurrently, boil the potatoes until easily pierced with a knife.
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, potato, garlic, herbs, egg yolks, and salt and pepper. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of the salmon mixture into your hands and shape into a ovalish croquette. Repeat until you have used all the mixture.
- Pour enough oil into the large heavy pot to just cover the croquettes (eyeball it) and allow to heat to 300-325 degrees. I then cooked 6 croquettes at a time, gently moving them around about every minute. Allow them to cook until they are a medium-dark brown.
- Using a spider or slotted metal spoon, remove them carefully onto a paper towel lined plate and season with salt. Repeat until all croquettes are cooked.