- 2 bunches fresh spinach, about 1 pound, stems trimmed, rinsed well
- 1/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 small onion, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon fenugreek powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- dash of cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- salt to taste
- pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- fresh chopped cilantro or parsley, for garnish
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add spinach leaves and cook until just tender, about 1 minute. Let cool, then squeeze dry. Place in a food processor and process until finely chopped, but not overly pureed.
- Combine walnuts, onion, garlic, cilantro, fenugreek powder, coriander powder, cayenne, tarragon vinegar and water in a medium bowl. Add chopped spinach and mix well. Season to taste with a little salt.
- Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours to let flavors melt together.
- Use a spoon to scoop out little balls of spinach walnut dip. Form round balls, make an indentation in the center.
- Place a few pomegranate seeds in the indentation and sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro or parsley