- Potatoes - 2 medium
- Capsicum Or Green Bell Pepper - 1 medium chopped
- Tomatoes - 2
- Cooked Chickpeas (chana) - 1/2 cup
- Onions - 2 medium chopped
- Garlic - 5 cloves chopped
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Pav Bhaji Masala - 3/4 teaspoon
- Chopped Coriander - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Boil and mash the potatoes and make a puree with the tomatoes.
- Heat some oil, add the cumin seeds, when it starts sizzling, add the onions and chopped garlic, saute for 2 or 3 minutes. Add the capsicum pieces, saute for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the tomato puree, turmeric and chilly powders, saute till dry, for about 3 to 5 minutes, till you get a nice smell. Finally add the mashed potatoes, cooked chana and 1 cup water, boil it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then add the pav bhaji masala, boil for 2 minutes and just before turning off the stove add the chopped coriander and the teaspoon of butter. Toast the pav buns with or without butter and serve it warm with the bhaji and some sliced onions and lemon wedges.