Ingredients for the dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt
Ingredients for the cheese filling:
- 7 oz. (200 gr.) mozzarella cheese or Georgian Sulguni cheese
- 5 oz. (150 gr.) feta cheese (I used goat cheese)
- 3,5 oz. (100 gr.) cottage cheese
- salt and pepper (optional)
Directions for the dough:
- Mix dry ingredients and add the yogurt.
- Knead a soft dough. It should be a little sticky to the hand. If you follow the recipe to the T, there is no need to add more or less ingredients to it. Cover the ready dough with a plastic wrap and let it rest until further use.
- I did not have enough cheese. But still decided to use what I had. If you have the means, please do follow the cheese combination. It will only make your Khachapuris betterPut all the cheese in one medium bowl and knead all of them together, turning them into one mixture.
- Shape 4 equal balls out of ready cheese mixture and set aside until further use.
- Take out the rested dough, make a pin like shape and cut into 8 equal sections.
- Flatten the mini doughs and roll little pancakes measuring 5 inches in diameter.
- Put one of the cheese balls in the center of one pancake, cover with another pancake. Gently press the cheese down, press the corners of two pancakes and roll again to create 10 inch round pancakes. Remember, you should have a little more cheese than I have in the pictures.
- Heat the skillet on medium heat, place the pancakes in the middle, cover the lid and cook on each side for 3 minutes.