Thank you Paris Ta
Ingredients (2-4 people):
- 1-2 large eggplants
- approximately 1 cup Kashk (thick whey) –can be bought in Iranian grocery store, or international store
- 1 medium onion
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoon fulls Dried Mint
- Peel the eggplants and cut them up into circles (with a thickness of approximately .5 cm each). Rinse the cut pieces and add some salt to the eggplants. Heat oil on the stove (medium-high heat) in a frying pan and fry the eggplants until golden (both sides need to be fried). If you can’t fry all the pieces in the frying pan at once (which may be the case) just set the fried eggplants aside on a plate until they are all done.
- Mix the tomato paste with 1/2 cup hot water. Add pepper and salt (as desired) to the tomato paste and water. In the same frying pan, or in a different one, add all the eggplants and pour the liquid mixture over all the eggplants and cover the pan. Allow the eggplants to cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- Peel the onion and finely chop the onion up into pieces. Fry the onion in oil until golden then set aside. Then fry the dried mint in oil as well. After you place the eggplants in a serving dish pour the Kaskh over the eggplants and sprinkle the onions and dried mint over them. Its ready to be served.
Read more: http://www.persian-recipes.com/persianrecipes/2009/12/01/kashke-bademjan/#ixzz2A4hT1Of7