- 500 g all-purpose white flour (or Tipo ’00′ flour)
- 25 g melted butter
- 1/2 Kg potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 30 g active (fresh) yeast
- 1/2 egg
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- a handful of all-purpose white flour (or Tipo ’00′ flour)
- 1 Kg tomatoes, chopped and seeds removed
- 4-6 garlic cloves finely chopped
- dried oregano
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Mix active yeast, sugar and a handful of Tipo 00 flour in a large bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Place the flour on a board or in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg, melted butter, some salt and the yeast into it.
- Add the mashed potato and knead it using your hands until obtain a smooth and elastic dough.
- Sprinkle some flour on the dough, cover it with a tea towel and leave it rise for approx 1 hour.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and gently cook the garlic until softened.
- Add the tomatoes, sprinkle some dried oregano and simmer it for a few minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 pieces.
- Grease your hands with olive oil.
- In a lightly greased baking tray, pat the dough into 1 inch thick circle.
- Cover the dough with the tomato topping, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, dried oregano e a drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle it with more chopped garlic if you wish.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for approx 1 hour, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the other 2 pieces of the dough.
- Serve it warm.