- 12 3-inch wonton skins, sliced into 1/4″ strips
- 1/4 cup canola or corn oil for frying
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 chicken breast, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted lightly
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked fusilli pasta noodles, cooled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable or grapeseed oil
- 6 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (add more to taste if you prefer a strong sesame taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Heat canola or corn oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When oil starts to shimmer, fry wonton skins in batches of 5-7 strips for 30 seconds each side or until lightly browned, working quickly so they don’t burn. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels until cooled.
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken breast, green onion, almonds and pasta.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk well until sugar dissolves. Dress lettuce mixture with 2-3 tablespoons of sesame dressing and top with sesame seeds and wonton strips and serve.