- 1 package of puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed in room temperature
- 2-3 baking apples (I use golden delicious and cortland)
- 1/2tsp cinnamon
- 2Tb whit sugar
- 2Tb flour
- 1/2C chopped or ground nuts, walnut or almond
- 3Tb light brown sugar
- 2Tb white sugar
- 2Tb bread crumbs
- 1 egg with 1tsp water beaten for brushing
- Preheat you oven to 375ºF.
- Peel, core, and chop apples into 1/2" cubes. You will need total 2 cups of chopped apples.
- Place them in a bowl and add cinnamon, white sugar, and flour. Set aside for 20 minutes so they can release the juices.
- In another bowl combine nuts, sugars, and bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Roll out one sheet of pastry into about 10"x12". Sprinkle 1/2 of nut mixture on the pastry covering halfway and place 1/2 of apples on top. Lift up the front side of pastry and cover the apple and start rolling all the way. Finish the other sheet in the same method.
- Pinch the ends of each logs and tuck under. Transfer them on to baking sheet with parchment paper on it, seam side down.
- Brush the top with egg wash. Make a few slits on top for the steam to escape.
- Bake at 375F for 40-45 minutes until the crust gets nicely golden brown.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream. Enjoy!