- 24 wonton wrappers
- 7 oz pad thai noodles
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 1 Tbs. fish sauce
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs. sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 3 Tbs. canola oil
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- 24 large frozen shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4th cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly oil each side of the wonton wrappers, and carefully press them into each muffin tin. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, until crispy and slightly browned. Set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package, then drain. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice and chili paste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add the oil to the pan. Add the scallions, shrimp and minced garlic. Stir-fry roughly 2 minutes, until shrimp is done. Add the cooked noodles and stir to toss. Add the sauce and toss to combine.
- Using tongs, place a small amount of the pad Thai inside each wonton cup. Nestle a single shrimp in the pad Thai nest, and garnish with peanuts.