- 1/2 of 225 g Chorizo Burgos, finely diced
- 4 pcs (225 g) pork sausages, skinned and crumbled
- 1 large (approx. 2 cups) potato, diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), add as needed
- 1/2 tsp salt, adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper, adjust to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley, garnish
Groceries Tips for my Bahrain-based readers: I used Broad Oak Farm Pork Sausages and La Cordobesa Chorizo Burgos; both can be found in the pork section of any Al Jazira Supermarket.
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.Tip: You may pop in the skillet in the oven while you prep; that will save you time on pre-heating the skillet on the stove-top.
- Heat the EVOO in the skillet and swirl it around to coat the inside of the skillet. Cook the sausage and chorizo for 3-4 minutes. Do not cook all the way through, just enough for the sausage to release some of it's oil but the meat are still medium cooked and tender. Transfer the meat in a bowl and leave the oil in the pan.
- In the same oil, sauté the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Cook covered for 8-10 minutes until the potatoes are done but still firm, stirring every 2 or 3 minutes. You want the edges of the potatoes to brown but not burnt!
- After 10 minutes, add the garlic and onion and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the onion is semi-translucent. Feel free to add EVOO if needed.
- Add the sausage and chorizo and stir until well mixed. Taste for seasoning.
- Make 4 indentations and crack eggs on those dents. Pop it in the oven for 5 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your preferred doneness. Garnish with chopped parsley and freshly cracked pepper. Serve with toasted crusty bread and herbed butter.