- 1 Egg (63g)
- 2 Tbs Milk
- 3/4 Cup (158g) Castor sugar
- 1 Tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp Baking powder
- 1/3 Tsp Fine sea salt
- 1 Tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/3 Tsp Ground cardamom
- 1/2 Cup + 3 Tbs (158g) All-purpose flour
- 1/2 Chopped almonds/or almond sticks (50g), toasted
- 3 Medium-sized tart apples
- Preheat the oven to 180° C (350° F), line a 18cm (7-inch) springform cake pan with baking paper and then butter it.
- Peal, core, and dice the apples.
- Stir all the ingredients together (the mixture will be similar to that of muffins).
- Spread into the pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- After 1 minutes, run delicately a knife along the side of cake to loosen, then remove from the side of springform pan.
- Place a cooling rack upside down over the cake. Turn rack and cake over. Remove the bottom as well as the baking paper of the springform pan. Place back on the rack.