- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped small
- 1 yellow onion, chopped small
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1½ teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottom pot over medium heat.
- Add the turkey and cook until browned, stirring to break it up as it cooks.
- Add the onion, red bell pepper, and garlic, and cook for a few minutes, stirring, until tender.
- Mix in canned tomatoes, beans, and spices. Add the water and stir to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for about 30 minutes until the chili thickens.
- Serve with freshly baked corn bread.