- 3 (preferably local) egg yolks at room temperature
- 3/4 cups of butter, unsalted
- 1 – 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- pinch of cayenne
- Melt butter in a small saucepan.
- Place the eggs, lemon juice, cayenne and mustard in a blender. Blend for a minute until nicely combined.
- Pour the butter through the hole in the top of the lid of the blender, SLOWLY, with the blender at high speed. This should take about 10-15 seconds to blend and thicken. You will hear the change as it thickens. Trust me, you’ll know.
from Marlene of CooksKorner via Michael Ruhlman