- 3 to 4 eggs (see above)
- A can of 400g (14 oz) net weight Cannellini beans, rinsed with water & drained
- A can of 400g (14 oz) chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (leaves & stalks), chopped (leave some for garnish)
- 1 tsp ground paprika
- Salt, sugar and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Toasted bread soldiers for dipping
- Heat the oil in a small pot. Add garlic and chilli flakes and saute until aromatic.
- Add the beans followed by the chopped tomatoes and paprika. Let it simmer over low-medium heat until slightly thickens, covered.
- Add chopped coriander and continue to simmer for a minute or so.
- Check seasonings. Add salt, sugar and pepper to taste.
- Divide the bean mixture into the ramekins/dish. Use the of a large spoon make a dip in the sauce, then crack an egg into each one.
- Put the ramekins/dish under a griller for 5 to 6 minutes until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Scatter with the corianders leaves, more black pepper (optional), drizzles of olive oil and serve with bread soldiers.