- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium green bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 4 cooked chicken or beef sausage links, sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4 large eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, and sauté until browned, about 12 minutes.
- Add onions and peppers, and sauté until slightly softened, about 6 to 8 minutes more.
- Add sausages, cumin, salt, and paprika. Sauté 4 minutes.
- Make 4 little wells in the sweet potato mixture and crack an egg into each area.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven, and bake until sweet potatoes are tender and eggs are set but yolks are still soft, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Divide mixture evenly among the plates, giving each person one egg with some hash. Garnish with freshly ground black pepper.