- 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (I used chocolate animal crackers; Oreos or chocolate graham crackers work well, too)
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/2 lbs cream cheese (three 8 ounce packages), room temperature
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup Bailey’s Irish Cream or other Irish Cream liqueur
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 18 cupcake wells with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix the melted butter with the cookie crumbs. Divide crumbs between cupcake tins. Use the bottom of a glass to press down firmly (each liner should have 1/4-1/2 inch crust).
- Bake for ten minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 325 F.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar and flour. Beat on medium speed until smooth, about two minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until each is incorporated.
- On low speed, beat in the sour cream and Bailey’s until incorporated.
- Remove about one cup of the batter and set aside.
- Sift cocoa powder into the large bowl and beat on low speed until incorporated.
- Fill liners about 2/3 full of the chocolate batter. Dollop a bit of the white batter onto each cupcake and use a toothpick to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, until tops are set. Cool completely in pans, then refrigerate. Serve chilled, garnished with espresso beans or chocolate shavings.