- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Four 6″ flour tortillas
- Sea salt
- One 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed (or use your own)
- 1 and 1/2 cups pinto beans (or a 15-ounce can), drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4-1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- For garnish: fresh salsa, Queso Fresco, green onions, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush the inner surfaces of four ramekins with olive oil.
- Gently press each tortilla into each ramekin, folding over the sides slightly if necessary (it may help to warm the tortillas in the microwave first).
- With a silicone brush, lightly brush the surfaces of the tortilla with the olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, cumin, 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, and the cilantro, making sure to slightly mash the beans together.
- Spoon a generous amount (about 2/3 cup) of the bean mixture into each tortilla cup.
- Carefully crack an egg into the center of each tortilla cup.
- Lightly sprinkle the egg surface with cheese.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes, or until the whites of each egg are set. **Don’t forget to cover the ramekins with a sheet of foil if the tortillas start to brown too much. Serve immediately.