- 1 cup (8 oz.) Sargento® Part-Skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 sheets (1 lb.) frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 Tbsp. orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts or sliced almonds, optional
- Combine cheese, sugar, egg, butter, flour, orange rind and vanilla in large bowl. Beat with a whisk, or an electric mixer on medium speed, until well blended.
- Unfold pastry into rectangle; place on baking sheet. With a sharp knife or pastry scraper, make 2-inch-deep cuts at 1-inch intervals on long sides of pastry. Spread cheese mixture down center 3 inches of pastry. Crisscross strips over filling, alternating sides and bringing strips all the way across filling.
- Bake in preheated 400°F oven 25 minutes or until bottom is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack. With a sieve, sift confectioners sugar over a bowl of orange juice and mix until smooth. Drizzle mixture over pastry; sprinkle with almonds or walnuts (optional).