- 2 aubergines
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoons tahini or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- smoked paprika to garnish
- fresh mint to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place aubergine on baking sheet, and make holes in the skin with a fork.
- Roast it for 30 to 40 minutes, turning occasionally, or until soft.
- Remove from oven, and place into a large bowl of cold water.
- Remove from water, and peel skin off.
- Place aubergine, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic in an electric blender, and puree. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer aubergine mixture to a medium size mixing bowl, and slowly mix in olive oil. Refrigerate for 3 hours before serving.
- Dry fry sunflower seeds on a low heat until golden brown but not burnt – to decorate when serving
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with toasted sunflower seeds, some smoked paprika and fresh mint