- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- dressing + marinade
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup lite canned coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 2 tablespoosn creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoon-sized knobs of ginger, grated
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper, then place in the baking dish.
- Combine chili sauce, vinegar, coconut milk, sugar, garlic, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce and lime juice in a saucepan, whisking to combine. Bring to a boil, the reduce to a simmer and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened. Remove from heat and pour half of the sauce over the chicken, turing chicken to coat completely. Set remaining sauce aside to dress the salad with.
- Bake chicken for 25-30 minutes, or until it is cooked through.
- 1 small napa cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 small red cabbage, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 2/3 cup chopped or sliced carrots
- 2/3 cup edamame
- 2/3 cup torn fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup chopped peanuts
While chicken is cooking, combine all salad ingredients, except for peanuts, in a large bowl and toss. When chicken has finished cooking, let cool for a few minutes then either shred or cut into chunks. Serve salad, top with chicken, top with peanuts, then top with dressing.