- 1 3/4 cup AP flour
- 100g sour cream
- 100g butter, softened but not melted
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- 2-3 tbsp chocolate applesauce (more if making larger Rogaliki)
- Powdered sugar
- Makes 56 mini Rogaliki
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Cut butter into cubes and add to flour. Mix with a fork until uniform crumbly texture. Add sour cream and knead dough until smooth.
- Let dough sit in a cool place for at least an hour. I refrigerated mine overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Roll dough into a thin sheet and cut circles of it (e.g. using a saucer as a template). Cut each circle into 8 wedges. Repeat with remaining dough, you should have 7×8 wedges in the end.
- Spoon a tiny bit of filling on the wider end of each wedge (using a small coffee spoon is a good idea) and roll up towards centre. Curve each roll into a crescent shape, if possible (it was difficult to do with these tiny ones).
- Place Rogaliki onto prepared baking sheet, pointed side down. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Dust generously with powdered sugar when ready.