For the Bread:
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
For the Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan; dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, butter and eggs at medium speed until combined. Add sugars and beat until blended.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and allspice. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in nuts. Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula.
- Bake until top is golden and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 5 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes, then transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the peanut butter glaze, in a small bowl whisk together powdered sugar, milk and peanut butter until smooth. Drizzle glaze over bread.