- 12 ounces mushrooms , -sliced
- 2 cups onions , chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 tablespoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 tablespoon tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups stock
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice , -fresh
- 1/4 cup parsley , chopped
- fresh ground black pepper , -to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Saute onions in 2 Tbsp stock, salt lightly.
- A few minutes later, add mushrooms, 1 tsp dill, 1/2 cup stock or water, soy sauce, and paprika.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in large saucepan.
- Whisk in flour and cook, whisking, a few minutes.
- Add milk and cook, stirring frequently, over low heat about 10 minutes - until thick.
- Stir in mushroom mixture and remaining stock.
- Cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add salt, pepper, lemon juice, sour cream, and, if desired, extra dill (1 tsp).
- Serve garnished with parsley.