- 1 serving penne
- 4 slices bacon (chopped)
- 1 handful asparagus
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano
- 1 tablespoon parsley (chopped)
- Start cooking the penne.
- Fry the bacon in a pan.
- Cut the asparagus into penne shaped pieces.
- Drain most of the fat from the pan but reserve some to cook the asparagus.
- Add the asparagus, garlic and pepper and toss to coat in the bacon grease.
- Mix the egg yolk, heavy cream and pecorino romano in a bowl.
- Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the water.
- Add the pasta to the pan and toss.
- Remove the pan from the heat and wait for the sizzling to stop.
- Add the egg mixture and toss to coat.
- Add a bit of the pasta water and toss to mix and coat.