Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon (.5 oz) active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 cup loosely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 cups finely chopped tart apples
Apple Cider Glaze Ingredients
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon apple cider
- Heat the milk in a microwave safe bowl in the microwave for about one minute.
- Add the yeast followed by the sugar, and stir to dissolve.
- Now add two cups of flour and the salt and beat for a full two minutes.
- Add the softened butter and eggs and beat until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the rest of the flour, half a cup at a time, and beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a floured surface. Knead the dough for five minutes, until it has become soft and elastic.
- Put the dough in a large bowl, cover it with a kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm area for 40 minutes. It will double in size.
- Now turn the dough onto the counter and roll it out 1/4” thick into a rectangular shape. Use a pastry brush to spread half of the butter over the surface.
- Now make the filling: Combine the sugars, cinnamon, pecans, and apples in a large bowl.
- Spread this mixture over the dough, leaving a 1” border all around.
- Carefully tuck the dough over the filling and roll into a long log, starting on one of the long ends.
- Cut the log into 24 pieces and place each inside one of the cups of a muffin tin lined with paper liners.
- Cover the cupcakes with a towel and let them rise in a warm place for an additional 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350º. Brush the remaining butter evenly on the tops of the cupcakes and bake for 20 minutes. The tops will be a light golden brown.
- Make the glaze: In a small bowl, stir to dissolve the powdered sugar in the apple cider. Drizzle this glaze over the cupcakes.