- "2 1/2 c. sifted cake flour
- 7 tsp. soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pkg. sweet cooking chocolate
- 7 c. butter
- 2 c. sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. buttermilk
- Sift flour, soda and salt together.
- Melt chocolate in 1/2 cup boiling water.
- Line 3 greased 8 or 9-inch pans with waxed paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add egg yolks, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir vanilla into chocolate mixture; add to creamed mixture.
- Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in egg whites; turn into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool on racks.
Read more at http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/german_chocolate_cake#OlbRMa5S0sLCXkXf.99