- 6 medium potatoes, peeled (2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped (1 cup)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Heat 1 inch water (salted if desired) to boiling in 3-quart saucepan. Add potatoes. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cook 30 to 35 minutes or until tender; drain. Cool slightly; cut into cubes.
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in large glass or plastic bowl. Add potatoes, celery and onion; toss. Stir in eggs. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours until chilled.