- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® German chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy coconut pecan frosting
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Lightly grease or spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, mix butter and cake mix with fork until crumbly; reserve 1 cup. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan.
- Bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over baked layer. Drop frosting by tablespoonfuls over chocolate chips. Stir milk into reserved cake mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto frosting layer.
- Bake 24 to 28 minutes or until cake portion is slightly dry to touch; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen edges of bars with knife. Cool completely. Refrigerate until firm. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store loosely covered.