- 2 pounds fresh, whole green beans, trimmed at ends
- 1 cup white onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup salad oil
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper, freshly-ground
- ¼ cup stuffed olives, sliced
- Heat a saucepan full of salted water to boiling. Add green beans and simmer, covered, until green beans are tender (about 15 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, combine onions, salad oil, lemon juice, salt, ground pepper, and stuffed olives.
- Drain the cooked green beans, and while still hot, toss quickly with onion mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve as a main course for lunch or light supper.