For the marinade
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons chili garlic paste (we used Lee Kum Kee Chili Garlic Paste)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 16 chicken wings
- chopped spring onions for garnish
1 Preheat oven to 400ºF.
2 In a large bowl, place all ingredients for the marinade; whisk well.
3 Place chicken wings and marinade in a sealed plastic bag and marinate for 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator. Turn the bag over every few hours to marinate all wings evenly.
4 Transfer chicken wings to a foil-lined baking pan or tray.
5 Brush marinade over chicken pieces, then place tray in the preheated oven. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until tender and sauce has caramelized into a dark golden brown. Turn once during cooking, brushing with more sauce if needed. If desired, wrap wing tips in foil midway through baking to keep them from burning. Garnish with spring onions.